Sunday, July 15, 2018

Who dis?! - The Main Bath

It has been too long since my last post... two years! We will blame it on technical difficulties (I couldn't log in for some reason!), but I am back and hopefully with better content than ever!
My husband and I purchased a new home in December 2017 and I have been busy tearing out cabinets, drywall, carpet, etc. and though slightly overwhelmed at times, I have loved every minute of it!
My first project that I have completed is the main hall bath. When I tell you this is the smallest full bath that I have ever laid eyes on, I am being 100% real with you! There was a huge vanity that reached from wall to wall which was nice (in theory) but when you tried to close the door you had to straddle the toilet! Absolutely ridiculous! The pic below is from the listing.... Yes... As you can see it was so small they had to stand in the hallway to take the picture! 
 Though nice for storage... That vanity was the first thing to go! A few crow bar and hammer swings later and I had significantly more space in the bathroom! 
 The flooring I selected is the Style Selection by Stainmaster these are the peel and stick vinyl tiles in the color Safari. This product is available at Lowes. I used the same flooring before in my entire upstairs at the old house and overall I like it with only 1 negative. Nearly ever review I read on the product also had issues with random tiles popping up at the corners, but when that happened I simply popped the rest of the tile up and applied some floor tile adhesive to the area and reapplied the same tile- easy peasy! $.98 per square foot cannot be beat! In a 720 square foot space I had literally 6 tiles pop up in the year plus that I had them down before we moved. Several potential buyers that came through mentioned how much they loved them.
 After tearing out the vanity and removing thewall tile I decided to add a niche, since that would help with storage and would not eat into the floor space of the restroom. I had an idea of what needed to be done, but I went on Pinterest just to work out the details. This is truly the easiest project you could take on in the home, and it makes such a statement in your space!
 If you are looking to do a home renovation I highly recommend you check out your local Habitat for Humanity or construction material salvage yard. Though over an hour away the ones in Raleigh, NC are absolutely wonderful with fantastic prices. I was able to purchase this pedestal sink for $35! I am still amazed at how much of a difference alittle demo, new flooring, a new vanity and some paint can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment