Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Power of Paint: Painted Subfloor

 My room and hallway had carpet... A dreadful, pepto-bismal pink carpet... The previous owner obviously thought it was cute because she put it throughout the second floor of the home. After looking at the dreaded carpet for a little over a year, I decided that it was time for it to go. My only issue was that I didn't have the funds to install new carpet right away, so I began researching my options. 
Painting the subfloor seemed the most feasible. I found various blogs that offered different methods and I even tried some of them (sanding the floors, putting wood filler on the seams and then sanding), but in the end I was not completely satisfied with the look these methods gave. 
I finally found that the easiest method gave me the best look. The process was simple...Pull up the carpet/padding, remove all staples, sweep the floor really well, go over the floor with a vacuum, and then paint! 
The finishing touch will be to add an area rug.



No comments:

Post a Comment